[comp.sys.laptops] External hard drive through parallel port?

ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) (03/17/91)

Does anyone have any experience using an external hard drive
that runs off of the parallel port (or even the serial port)?
(I'm trying to extend the working life of an NEC Multispeed laptop.)

teexnma@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Nino Margetic) (03/18/91)

In <sHcXy2w163w@coyote.datalog.com> ferdie@coyote.datalog.com (fred jarvis) writes:

>Does anyone have any experience using an external hard drive
>that runs off of the parallel port (or even the serial port)?
>(I'm trying to extend the working life of an NEC Multispeed laptop.)

I'd like to know the same thing, only on a Toshiba 3100/20.
Thanks.

--
Janet: nino@uk.ac.ucl.sm.mph                    \    Nino Margetic
Earn/Bitnet: nino@mph.sm.ucl.ac.uk               \   Dept. of Medical Physics