[comp.sys.laptops] Internal Modem for T-1200

alec@zelator.uucp (Alexandros Gougousoudis) (03/22/91)

Hi,
I am searching for an Internal Modem for the Toshiba T-1200HB.
Maybe manufactured from Toshiba or other factories.
Can anybody help me to find one out?
I tried some Comutershops, but nobody was able to give me an good
offer.
It should NOT be an outside Pocketmodem.
The Modem should be able to manage 2400 Bit/s with MNP(5).

Ciao alex

 EMAIL: alec@zelator.uucp  			 Alexandros Gougousoudis
        alec@zelator.in-berlin.de                Voice : +49-30-8175954x
        alp23@fubinf.inf.fu-berlin.de
        2:242/36.4@fidonet.org

jackw@nstar.rn.com (Jack Wiggins) (03/24/91)

I don't see the MNP 5 anywhere off hand, but you can get a couple of nice
aftermarket internal modems for your Toshiba from Tenex in Mishawaka IN
(800) 776-6781 for $120

--
Jack Wiggins                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: jackw@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines

nolan@helios.unl.edu (Michael Nolan) (03/24/91)

alec@zelator.uucp (Alexandros Gougousoudis) writes:

>Hi,
>I am searching for an Internal Modem for the Toshiba T-1200HB.
>Maybe manufactured from Toshiba or other factories.
>Can anybody help me to find one out?
>I tried some Comutershops, but nobody was able to give me an good
>offer.
>It should NOT be an outside Pocketmodem.
>The Modem should be able to manage 2400 Bit/s with MNP(5).

I dunno about MNP-5, but I would avoid any MegaHertz modems.  I've got
two of them, and they both work OK for simple things like X/Y/ZMODEM,
but blow up if you try to do UUCP type stuff.  (Drops the carrier about
six seconds into transmission.)

Michael Nolan
nolan@helios.unl.edu