[comp.sys.laptops] T1000SE: how to make use of 640x400 resolution

xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO Yan) (03/25/91)

Many of us bought T1000SE and a sweet thing is the double scan CGA LCD which
gives 640x400 resolution.  However how can I use this resolution?

For many softwares, it is not easy to fit this 640x400 CGA into display
type slots:  CGA? VGA? EGA? Herculus? (On Microsoft WORKS T3100 is the proper
slot for T1000SE, BTW).

There are some utilities around that can make an EGA display 43 text lines
(by using the resolution of 640x350), and VGA 50 text lines.

Does anybody have the same need of making this 640x400 CGA to display more
than 25 lines?

Xiao

zlraa@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Ross Alford) (03/25/91)

In <1991Mar24.231639.20620@ecf.utoronto.ca> xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO  Yan) writes:

>Many of us bought T1000SE and a sweet thing is the double scan CGA LCD which
>gives 640x400 resolution.  However how can I use this resolution?

Many graphics programs have drivers for either the Toshiba 3100 or the
AT&T 6300 series.  These *should* work on the T1000SE/XE/LE, and some of
them do.  Examples of ones that do include the Borland BGI driver and
the ATT6300 driver in SAS/PC.  Examples of ones that do not include the
AT&T drivers in the shareware AseasyAS spreadsheet and Draft Choice CAD
program.  I have no idea why they don't work

>There are some utilities around that can make an EGA display 43 text lines
>(by using the resolution of 640x350), and VGA 50 text lines.

>Does anybody have the same need of making this 640x400 CGA to display more
>than 25 lines?

I have wondered about this possibility myself.  If anyone does know of a
utility to accomplish this, please post to the net.

Thanks,
Ross Alford
--
Ross A. Alford