[comp.sys.laptops] Demark 2400 bp modem,does it have by pass?

ayeh@sdcc13.ucsd.edu ({{{= Achilles =}}}) (03/22/91)

does anyone know whether the pocket modem sold by Demark has a by
pass port for local phone.  THanks a lot.
-Albert

session@uncw.UUCP (Zack C. Sessions) (03/25/91)

ayeh@sdcc13.ucsd.edu ({{{= Achilles =}}}) writes:

>does anyone know whether the pocket modem sold by Demark has a by
>pass port for local phone.  THanks a lot.

No it doesn't, It has a single modular socket on it, that to go to
the phone line.

Zack Sessions
session@uncw.UUCP

blk@mitre.org (Brian L. Kahn) (03/25/91)

As I recall, the bypass connector on modems is often (always?)
hardwired to the input, which would be equivalent to one of those
modular y-connectors sold for a few bucks at Radio Shack, etc.
--
B<   Brian Kahn   blk@security.mitre.org   "may the farce be with you"