[comp.sys.laptops] Toshiba VGA displays?

jdpierc@PacBell.COM (Jerry D. Pierce) (03/23/91)

Does anybody know if the new VGA display on the T2000SX is as clear
and legible as the CGA displays on the T1000SE/LE/XE machines?

And does anyone know if Toshiba plans on releasing a "low-end"
machine with the VGA display??

And lastly, how difficult would it be to upgrade an internal 20 meg
hard disk on a Toshiba to an internal 40 meg?  (Like the T1000LE or
T2000SX)

Many thanks for the info!

   Jerry Pierce
   jdpierc@PacBell.COM

andy@disk.uucp (andy) (03/24/91)

I haven't yet seen a T2000SX "in the flesh," but reports via Compuserve's
Toshiba Forum say its display is excellent (though somewhat smaller than
various other VGA screens). Many people were hoping Toshiba would upgrade{
{_
the T1200XE's screen from double-scan CGA to VGA, but that hasn't happened.

rubin@arnor.UUCP (Bill Rubin) (03/26/91)

In <8730@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> jdpierc@PacBell.COM (Jerry D. Pierce) writes:

> Does anybody know if the new VGA display on the T2000SX is as clear
> and legible as the CGA displays on the T1000SE/LE/XE machines?

I just picked up a 2000SX (40mb) on Friday. The display is very, very,
crisp. It is a little small (about an inch less wide than the 1200XE),
but it is a little longer (not quite an inch).

> And does anyone know if Toshiba plans on releasing a "low-end"
> machine with the VGA display??

I've signed on to the Toshiba BBS, and they have not said anything
about this, so I don't believe it's in the works for the near term.
Of course, I could be wrong. It would definitely be nice, but of course
if you could buy a 1200XE with VGA, how many people would go for the
2000SX?

> And lastly, how difficult would it be to upgrade an internal 20 meg
> hard disk on a Toshiba to an internal 40 meg?  (Like the T1000LE or
> T2000SX)

Toshiba is selling a 20mb->40mb upgrade for the 1200XE. Both the 1200XE
and 2000SX are currently offered with 40mb drives.

Bill Rubin