[comp.sys.laptops] Pen based input

dunlop@freezer.it.udel.edu (Edward Dunlop) (03/27/91)

I am looking for info on pen based input PCs that are available or nearly so.
I gather that Go computer and Microsoft are working on these.  Financial and
insurance applications of this technology is also of interest.

Edward A. Dunlop     Tel: (215) 430-6549
Technology Logistics
1265 Estate Drive
West Chester, PA  19380
--

Edward A. Dunlop
Technology Logistics

laird@think.com (Laird Popkin) (03/28/91)

In article <48963@nigel.ee.udel.edu> dunlop@freezer.it.udel.edu (Edward Dunlop) writes:
>I am looking for info on pen based input PCs that are available or nearly so.
>I gather that Go computer and Microsoft are working on these.  Financial and
>insurance applications of this technology is also of interest.

One "notepad" computer demonstrated recently is a very portable version of
the Atari ST.  It's based on a 16 MHz 68000, with either 1 or 4 Mb RAM, and
uses JEIDA/PCMCIA (did I get all of the letters right?) RAM/ROM cards.
It's been discussed on comp.sys.atari.st recently -- the designer has been
discussing it with other people.  It was demonstrated at CEBit in Germany
recently.

>Edward A. Dunlop
>Technology Logistics

Laird Popkin