[comp.sys.laptops] Panasonic CF150BPKGSPEC

stellabo@gene.cshl.org (Fred Stellabotte At Cold Spring Harbor Lab) (02/17/91)

Does anyone have any experience with the Single Floppy
PANASONIC CF150BPKGSPEC ... Does the ram disk stay 'hot'
when the power is off ..

I looked at one in a computer store and liked the screen ..
My primary need is to connect up to serial ports on various
computers and UPS units, test print print spoolers .. and
general hardware debugging ... but I also would like
to do a little workprocessing & spread sheets while I am traveling.

I looked at the T1000SE and liked it very much, but the above
laptop is several hundred $$$ less expensive.

Thanks in advance ...

Fred J. Stellabotte
stellabo@cshl.org

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (04/17/91)

In article <stellabo.666739071@gene.cshl.org> stellabo@gene.cshl.org (Fred Stellabotte At Cold Spring Harbor Lab) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience with the Single Floppy
>PANASONIC CF150BPKGSPEC ... Does the ram disk stay 'hot'
>when the power is off ..

The CF150 will hold the ram disk contents, from a fully charged battery, for
at least 1 week on the shelf. The add-ins (RAM board and modem) cut SERIOUSLY
into the shelf life of a charged battery, and into the operating time from
a fully-charged battery. If you're near an AC outlet, that should not be a
problem.

--
 Mike Schuster                                      |    CIS: 70346,1745
 NY Public Access UNIX:  ...cmcl2!panix!schuster    |    MCI Mail, GENIE: