[comp.sys.laptops] 9 MB RAM for T1000SE?

xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO Yan) (04/27/91)

I saw one ad for T1000SE for $1100 with 9 MB RAM.  I just bought a
2 MB memory card, and wonder how can I get my T1000SE 9 MB RAM.
Or is it possible?

Xiao

kutvonen@cs.Helsinki.FI (Petri Kutvonen) (04/29/91)

In <1991Apr27.044059.9511@ecf.utoronto.ca> xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO  Yan) writes:

>I saw one ad for T1000SE for $1100 with 9 MB RAM.  I just bought a
>2 MB memory card, and wonder how can I get my T1000SE 9 MB RAM.
>Or is it possible?

And one question more: Are the memory cards of T1000SE/XE and T1000LE
compatible? Can I use my old 2 meg card if a upgrade my T1000SE to a
T1000LE? I can understand if there are problems using memory cards > 2
meg in a T1000SE or XE (starting with ROM setup) but how is it with the
other way round?

>Xiao

Petri Kutvonen   University of Helsinki           kutvonen@cs.Helsinki.FI
                 Department of Computer Science   +358 0 7084216

bdf45445@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Brian) (05/03/91)

kutvonen@cs.Helsinki.FI (Petri Kutvonen) writes:

>In <1991Apr27.044059.9511@ecf.utoronto.ca> xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO  Yan) writes:

>>I saw one ad for T1000SE for $1100 with 9 MB RAM.  I just bought a
>>2 MB memory card, and wonder how can I get my T1000SE 9 MB RAM.
>>Or is it possible?

>And one question more: Are the memory cards of T1000SE/XE and T1000LE
>compatible? Can I use my old 2 meg card if a upgrade my T1000SE to a
>T1000LE? I can understand if there are problems using memory cards > 2
>meg in a T1000SE or XE (starting with ROM setup) but how is it with the
>other way round?
From what I have heard, the bigger memory card (4 and 8 meg) will work in the
se, but I don't think the ROM setup will work with it well.  The memory
cards are supposed to be just like th 1 and 2 meg expansions, so using the
larger card means you can't use the 2 meg card too.  Also, the discounted
mail-order 8 meg expansion cards sell for around $1100 by themselves, so the ad
you saw may have been a typo, or a REALLY good deal.