[comp.sys.laptops] Laptopss on American now?

nichols@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Scott P Nichols) (05/04/91)

Does anyone know if they are allowing laptops and similar electronic
items on board domestic flights yet?  I know that during the war
they were not.

e-mail is fine...

Thanks,

Scott
--
O-        /\
|\     /\/vv\                  _Insight from Oregon...Scott P. Nichols

fiedler@netcom.COM (David Fiedler) (05/05/91)

nichols@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Scott P Nichols) writes:

>Does anyone know if they are allowing laptops and similar electronic
>items on board domestic flights yet?  I know that during the war
>they were not.

I flew via American from Sacramento to Dallas for Uniforum, one or two
days after the war started, with an 18 lb. television camera. Nobody said boo.
I didn't try to use it on the flight, of course, but there were batteries
and other things that "urban legend" says show up as plastic explosive...
--
David Fiedler       UUCP:{ames,mrspoc,hoptoad}!infopro!david        AIR: N3717R
"Video for Computer Professionals"   BIX: fiedler  Internet: fiedler@netcom.com