[comp.sys.laptops] Seagate drives

msmith@proton.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) (06/05/91)

I know that Seagate has had MAJOR problems with their smaller drives 20-40
Meg.  Does this problem extend into their bigger drives? 100 Meg or bigger?

Also.  Is Fujitsu a good manufacturer?

tomg@code3.com (Tom Green) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.021859.17088@serval.net.wsu.edu> msmith@proton.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) writes:
>I know that Seagate has had MAJOR problems with their smaller drives 20-40
>Meg.  Does this problem extend into their bigger drives? 100 Meg or bigger?
>
>Also.  Is Fujitsu a good manufacturer?

In MHO Fujitsu is one of the best out there.  They have one of the best
MTBFs and warranties available for medium sized drives.  I wouldn't buy
Seagate unless I had to to satisfy a customers specifications.

--
Tom Green
- Life's a pain, then you die.				  _/_ __ ____ __