[comp.sys.laptops] Laptop recommendations

kgk@cs.brown.edu (Keiji Kanazawa) (06/05/91)

I am in the market for a laptop.  My requirements are as follows:

Necessary:

* IBM compatible

* Light weight -- 4.4 lbs maximum

* Long battery life -- minimum 8hours, either on a 90minute recharge,
or 2AA batteries.

* If a solid state machine, external floppy capability

* 2400 baud modem -- preferably internal

* < $2000 with floppy and modem

Icing:

* Internal memory expansion

* External monitor capability

Does anybody have any recommendations for machines that fit this
bill?

Machines that I'm awareof that more or less fits this category
include the Poquet, and a Fujitsu Poquet-like machine possibly
available only in Japan, and the Psion.  If you have experience with
these machines, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

--

Keiji Kanazawa
kgk@cs.brown.edu

anthony@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Anthony J Stieber) (06/08/91)

In article <KGK.91Jun5090606@hookipa.cs.brown.edu> kgk@cs.brown.edu (Keiji Kanazawa) writes:
>Machines that I'm awareof that more or less fits this category
>include the Poquet, and a Fujitsu Poquet-like machine possibly
>available only in Japan, and the Psion.  If you have experience with
>these machines, I would love to hear from you.

I don't know if anyone on the list has a Psion MC600 (the MS-DOS Psion
laptop), but you're welcome to send a message to the list, and even
join, if you wish.  Psion itself subscribes to the list.
--
<-:(= Anthony Stieber	anthony@csd4.csd.uwm.edu   uwm!uwmcsd4!anthony