[comp.sys.laptops] multispeed HD

gws@n8emr.uucp (Gary Sanders) (06/08/91)

I reciently picked up a NEC multispeed HD laptop. It included
a 20mb internal disk.. What interface is this disk? MFM,SCSI,IDE
Can a larger disk be installed?

--
Gary W. Sanders (gws@n8emr or ...!osu-cis!n8emr!gws), 72277,1325
N8EMR @ W8CQK (ip addr) 44.70.0.1 [Ohio AMPR address coordinator]

lemson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (David Lemson) (06/09/91)

gws@n8emr.uucp (Gary Sanders) writes:

>I reciently picked up a NEC multispeed HD laptop. It included
>a 20mb internal disk.. What interface is this disk? MFM,SCSI,IDE
>Can a larger disk be installed?

Ha ha ha ha ha...standard interface.. what does that mean??? :-)
My Multispeed HD's hard disk recently died (wouldn't spin up when I
turned it on one day) and found out that NEC no longer makes the
hard disks anymore, and it would have cost $750 to have it shipped back to
NEC and refurbished... It's sort of an IDE-ish drive, in that it has
on-board electronics, but the connector has about 10 extra pins than
the regular 40-pin IDE connector.

I wish you luck and hope that your drive lasts a long time.

--
David Lemson   University of Illinois Computing Services Consultant
Internet : lemson@uiuc.edu         UUCP :...!uiucuxc!uiucux1!lemson