[comp.sys.laptops] Anybody deal with Steve Schulz?

hong@tove.cs.umd.edu (sze nam hong) (06/18/91)

Did anyone on the net buy something from Steve Schulz (schulz@cs.ucsb.edu)?
He post a news several weeks ago having a lot of things for sell.
I have ordered a Laptop from him, but what it stands now is:
I don't have the machine, my check is cashed, (yeah, I know, I should
have it shipped cod, but it's only $275 so I think it will be ok.), and
all my emails are unanswered, and all my phone calls are greeted by
answering machine.

Have anyone deal with him and have a positive result? Or does anyone
actually know him so that can pass this message to him. I am still :> :<
willing to trust him, just want to know if it is just some honest mistake.

Thanks,
Please email me any info you have to hong@tove.umd.edu.

Sze Hong

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (06/19/91)

In article <35754@mimsy.umd.edu>, hong@tove.cs.umd.edu (sze nam hong) writes:
|> Did anyone on the net buy something from Steve Schulz (schulz@cs.ucsb.edu)?
|> He post a news several weeks ago having a lot of things for sell.
|> I have ordered a Laptop from him, but what it stands now is:
|> I don't have the machine, my check is cashed, (yeah, I know, I should
|> have it shipped cod, but it's only $275 so I think it will be ok.), and
|> all my emails are unanswered, and all my phone calls are greeted by
|> answering machine.
|>
|> Have anyone deal with him and have a positive result? Or does anyone
|> actually know him so that can pass this message to him. I am still :> :<
|> willing to trust him, just want to know if it is just some honest mistake.

I sent him a check for $100 for the Megahertz Modem for Toshiba, and
never received the modem.  He has not replied to any of the email I
sent him.

If anybody else finds out what happened, I'd certainly like to know.
Also, if anybody has any advice for handling this situation, I'd also
like to hear from you.

This is the first time I have *ever* had problems buying and selling
anything through Usenet.  But there's a first time for everything, I
guess.

--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi@sgi.com

phr@lightning.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Rubin) (06/25/91)

I exchanged some e-mail with him in arranging to buy a printer, which
I still intend to try to buy.  Here is a message I received on
June 7:

   Date: Fri, 7 Jun 91 17:47:38 PDT
   From: Steve P. Schulz <schulz%cs@hub.ucsb.edu>
   Posted-Date: Fri, 7 Jun 91 17:47:38 PDT
   To: phr@ocf.Berkeley.EDU
   Subject: Re:  Printer

   I will also be out of town until 6/18 after which time I will not
   be receiving email.  I will probably still have the printer so if
   you ar e interested figive me acall a or leave a message at
   [phone# deleted].  You r offer is accepted.

   Thanks
   Steve

I will send you the phone number by e-mail if you tried to buy
something and need to reach him about it.  I also just got back
from vacation and have not yet tried calling the number.