[comp.sys.laptops] IBM PC Convertible question

fergusom@scrvm2.vnet.ibm.com (Mickey Ferguson) (06/26/91)

OK, I admit, the machine is a dinosaur.  But that's all I've got, and I
would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to modify the system
somehow to support an external VGA monitor.  Currently there is a video
slice to support an external CGA monitor, but has anyone tried to make any
modifications so that it will support VGA?  Is it even possible, with some
not-too-major hardware modifications?

Mickey Ferguson
Rolm Systems
fergusom@scrvm2.vnet.ibm.com

fore057@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (06/26/91)

In article <9106251858.AA22512@grape.ecs.clarkson.edu>, "Mickey Ferguson" <fergusom@scrvm2.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
> OK, I admit, the machine is a dinosaur.  But that's all I've got, and I
> would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to modify the system
> somehow to support an external VGA monitor.  Currently there is a video
> slice to support an external CGA monitor, but has anyone tried to make any
> modifications so that it will support VGA?  Is it even possible, with some
> not-too-major hardware modifications?

I used to own one.  I made enquiries about hard disks, and it was not possible,
at least at reasonable cost.  I suspect you'll find the same thing with the VGA
monitor driver.  'Best of luck.

Euan