[comp.sys.laptops] WANTED: Laptop Battery/HardDisk Information for T1000SE

domae@heat.nrtc.northrop.com (06/27/91)

I'm looking for information about 3rd party replacement batteries for
my Toshiba T1000SE.  So far I've gone through 2 of them (both under
warranty) in about a 1.5 years.  The second one is about to die, and
I'd like to find alternate sources for batteries.  Inmac had a recent
catalog with one shown, but it was as misprint and they do not carry
that product (it was for the T1000).

I was also wondering if anyone else has had such bad luck with their
batteries on a T1000SE?

On another subject, are there any 3rd party hard drives which
plug into the expansion slot of the Toshiba T1000SE?

I've been looking around, and it seems many of the speciality shops
for laptops are no longer around.  So, I'd appreciate any information
people can provide on these subjects.

Thanks, in advance.

Terry Domae
Northrop Research Center		    Phone: 213/544-5203
One Research Park			      Fax: 213/377-4271
Palos Verdes, California 		 Internet: domae@nrtc.northrop.com

ken@cherokee.uswest.com (Kenny Chaffin) (06/28/91)

In article <27457@gremlin.nrtc.northrop.com> domae@heat.nrtc.northrop.com writes:
>I'm looking for information about 3rd party replacement batteries for
>my Toshiba T1000SE.  So far I've gone through 2 of them (both under
>warranty) in about a 1.5 years.  The second one is about to die, and
>I'd like to find alternate sources for batteries.  Inmac had a recent
>catalog with one shown, but it was as misprint and they do not carry
>that product (it was for the T1000).
>
>I was also wondering if anyone else has had such bad luck with their
>batteries on a T1000SE?
>
>On another subject, are there any 3rd party hard drives which
>plug into the expansion slot of the Toshiba T1000SE?
>
>I've been looking around, and it seems many of the speciality shops
>for laptops are no longer around.  So, I'd appreciate any information
>people can provide on these subjects.
>
>Thanks, in advance.
>

>Terry Domae
>Northrop Research Center		    Phone: 213/544-5203
>One Research Park			      Fax: 213/377-4271
>Palos Verdes, California 		 Internet: domae@nrtc.northrop.com

	Terry I was wondering how you can tell it's about to go. Is the
usage time low or what?
	As far as mine, I've had my T1000se about the same amount of time
1.5 yr and have had yet to replace a battery. I would be interested in the
answer to your question too though.

KAC

"One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                                Paul Simon

Kenny A. Chaffin                      {...boulder}!uswat!ken
U S WEST Advanced Technologies                (303) 541-6355
4001 Discovery Drive
Suite 2100
Boulder, CO 80303