[soc.couples] open relationships update

spudcrl@wpi.wpi.edu (A man and his sword) (01/19/90)

     About a week ago, I posted an article dicussing my relationship, and
  asked for comments, suggestions, and thoughts.  I have received many,
  and I'd like to take the time now to thanks each and every one of you
  for your time and thoughtfulness.

     Also, I'd like to update the world in general about what's been
  going on.  Yesterday, my girlfriend called me about 10:30 p.m.  I called
  her back (long distance charges and all that), and we talked.  It turns
  out she has yet to make any progress on seeing other guys (can you tell
  I'm esctatic?), and she also turned 16 while we were on the phone, so
  I sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  She liked it.

     All in all, it seemed as if nothing had really changed after hearing
  her voice, and it has put me in a majorly happier mood.  Also, as a
  side note, I jokingly asked her why she would object to dating her
  friends.  At first, she didn't want to tell me, because she believed that
  it would come out wrong.  I asked her to tell me anyway (as I always do)
  and she said in the absolutly cutest voice (in my personal, biased
  opinion) that I was hers, and they couldn't have me.  Isn't love neat?

					--Curt

*  spudcrl@wpi.wpi.edu   *        on IRC        *           This space        *
*  Curt R Lindmark       *       Defender       *         intentionally       *
*  Born to be strange    *  A man and his sword *           left blank        *

In article <6971@wpi.wpi.edu> spudcrl@wpi.wpi.edu (A man and his sword) writes:

>  side note, I jokingly asked her why she would object to dating her
>  friends.

    Something I forgot...this should read as "why she would object to
    ME dating her friends."  Makes a bit of a difference.

					--Curt

*  spudcrl@wpi.wpi.edu   *        on IRC        *           This space        *
*  Curt R Lindmark       *       Defender       *         intentionally       *
*  Born to be strange    *  A man and his sword *           left blank        *

) (01/20/90)

>         ...I jokingly asked her why she would object to dating her
> friends.  At first, she didn't want to tell me, because she believed that
> it would come out wrong.  I asked her to tell me anyway (as I always do)
> and she said in the absolutly cutest voice (in my personal, biased
> opinion) that I was hers, and they couldn't have me.  Isn't love neat?
>
>                                       --Curt

Curt, not to put a damper on your outlook, but that statement she made
was more possesiveness than cuteness.  If you are having an open
relationship, you cannot put restricts upon one another.  As, I said
to you before, be careful, things are just black and white in this
world.

Hobbes
-----
Alan H. Wagmeister
PSU Center for Academic Computing / CAC Staff Student Consultant
"Smile, people will      |  AHW2@PSUVM.BITNET
 think that you are      |
 up to something!"       |  or Syndicated in 346 Newspapers.
              - Hobbes   |