[soc.couples] Microgravity experiments : -)

shaver@convex.com (Dave Shaver) (05/25/91)

Peter L. Thomas writes:
>Do you have any anecdotal information on any previous 'experiments'?  I've
>never heard any such rumors.  I suppose it _could_ have happened.

I have an electronic copy of

|                  XXXXXX Experiment 8 Postflight Summary
|                       NASA publication 14-307-1792
|
|                                 ABSTRACT
|
| The purpose of this experiment was to prepare for the expected
| participation in long-term space based research by husband-wife teams
| once the US space station is in place.  To this end, the investigators
| explored a number of possible approaches to continued marital relations
| in the zero-G orbital environment provided by the XXXXXX shuttle
| mission.
|
| Our primary conclusion is that satisfactory marital relations are within
| the realm of possibility in zero-G, but that many couples would have
| difficulty getting used to the approaches we found to be most
| satisfactory.

It was posted to sci.space.shuttle and alt.sex back in March '90.
Although it's probably bogus, I'd be willing to send a copy of the 250
line posting to anyone who requests it.

Does anyone know if the NASA doc number is even sane?  This could have
started as a April 1st joke inside NASA long ago, but who knows...

/\  Dave Shaver
\\  CONVEX Computer Corporation, Richardson, TX
\/  Internet: shaver@convex.com    UUCP:  uunet!convex!shaver