[net.music] anyone want to exchange musical ide

hedger@ada-uts.UUCP (08/10/85)

is anyone out there interested in the following bands/genres?
henry cow  tangerine dream  faust  computer music
etron fou leloublon  fred frith  elliot sharp  stravinsky
etc.  etc.  etc. etc.
i would like to communicate with anyone interested in 'creative' music...
i used to play jazz trumpet and am now involved in synthesis and
computers.....and am looking for any advice and/or information that
would make me more knowledgable in the field......thanx keith

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (08/12/85)

> From: hedger@ada-uts.UUCP

> is anyone out there interested in the following bands/genres?

YES!!!

> henry cow  tangerine dream  faust  computer music
> etron fou leloublon  fred frith  elliot sharp  stravinsky

Fred Frith is a god!  I haven't listened to much Henry Cow, but Frith's
solo stuff is excellent, and everything I've ever heard by Massacre or
The Art Bears is great.  (I should warn people, that this stuff is
definitely not for everyone -- "Difficult Listening" would be an
appropriate term.)

Tangerine Dream is very good, but Klaus Schulze is better.  Faust is
often really great, but not always.  I'm not an expert on Stravinsky,
but "The Rite of Spring" is one of my favorite pieces of music.

I've never heard of the others.  What to tell us more about them?

			A few minutes after trancefer,

			Doug Alan
			 nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

todd@SCIRTP.UUCP (Todd Jones) (08/14/85)

> is anyone out there interested in the following bands/genres?
> henry cow  tangerine dream  faust  computer music
> etron fou leloublon  fred frith  elliot sharp  stravinsky
> etc.  etc.  etc. etc.

I have been known to listen to henry cow, art bears, fred frith,
and similar bands that alienate all but the bizarre few.

   ||   ||
   [ O-O ]       Todd Jones
    \ ^ /        {decvax,akgua}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!todd
    | ~ |
    |___|        SCI Systems Inc. doesn't necessarily agree with Todd.