[comp.unix.i386] Need sources for Wangtek tape drives & controllers

ajm@ICC.COM (Al Marmora) (04/18/89)

I've been trying to locate, with little success, dealers and/or distributors
for Wangtek tape drives and controllers.  Any information will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alfonso J. Marmora          Intercomputer Communications Corp.
                            8230 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH  45236

pat@mslanpar (Pat "King of the Trenches" Calhoun) (04/20/89)

> In article <355@icc.COM>, ajm@ICC.COM (Al Marmora) writes:
> > I've been trying to locate, with little success, dealers and/or distributors
> > for Wangtek tape drives and controllers.  Any information will be greatly
> > appreciated.

If you are looking for a Wangtek Tape Drives up here in Canada, they go
for about $1200CND. They can be purchased at Tense Lectronix, the phone
number is (416) 475-1077.

In article <781@umb.umb.edu>, blarson@umb.umb.edu (Bruce Robert Larson) writes:
> that this is the model supported by 386/ix, you probably want to double
> this check with Interactive.

The Wangtek controller is the tape drive supported by both Interactive
and AT&T's 386 port.

--
	_^_ |||			Pat "King of the Trenches" Calhoun
       <o o> |			Technical Support Group, Lanpar Technologies

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (04/20/89)

In article <355@icc.COM> ajm@ICC.COM (Al Marmora) writes:
>I've been trying to locate, with little success, dealers and/or distributors
>for Wangtek tape drives and controllers.  Any information will be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Contact Angie Wong at

	Eltech Research, Inc.
	1725 McCandless Drive
	Milpitas  CA   95035
	(408)942-0990

I've bought 60 Meg QIC-02 systems for appx 800-900 dollars I think it
was.

(Tell her I sent you.  It won't do any good (for either of us) but
it's kinda' fun to "advertise" USENET to these vendors.)

kEITHe