[comp.unix.i386] SCO versions

terry@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) (05/05/89)

In article <84@estinc.UUCP> fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>This aroused my curiosity about what the limits were for the SCO 2.3.1
>compiler and linker (actually the 2.2 development system, which is shipped
>with 2.3.1).

Actually, now the 2.3.1 development system is shipping.  It provides
the event library and the information to write new video drivers among
other things.

The 3.2 development system should be something to look forward to as
it contains CodeView, the AT&T C compiler and full COFF support.  That
means you will have a much better debugger if you stay with the
Microsoft C compiler, or you will be able to use GCC (GNU CC) and
get faster execution.

Anybody want to skip all this intermediate stuff and get SCO UNIX R4.0?

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University