[comp.unix.i386] source for WD1007WA2

asv@gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) (06/10/89)

Could some kind reseller please steer me to their favorite WD1007WA2
ESDI controller distributor. Please reply by e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

| - Stan Voket, asv@gaboon  Land Line: (203) 746-4489  TELEX 4996516 - |
| - Stan Voket, asv@gaboon  Land Line: (203) 746-4489  TELEX 4996516 - |

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (06/13/89)

In article <3072@gaboon.UUCP> asv@gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) writes:
>Could some kind reseller please steer me to their favorite WD1007WA2
>ESDI controller distributor. Please reply by e-mail.
>
>Thanks in advance!

WD has (at least) two versions of their 1007 ESDI controller; one of
them is only capable of a 2:1 interleave and should be avoided if at
all possible.  The later version is alleged to be capable of 1:1
interleave but I haven't evaluated one to verify this.

I'll be receiving an Everex STEP/33 soon with an Adaptec ESDI
card, and a DTK (or DTC?) as well for comparison.  When I've run
these two through their paces I'll post an update.

kEITHe