[comp.unix.i386] need X.25 for 386/ix

heimir@rhi.hi.is (Heimir Thor Sverrisson) (08/15/89)

ken@gatech.edu (Ken Seefried III) writes:

>The Software Group in Toronto Canada sells such a product, both
>hardware and software.  They can be reached at +1 416 747 9490.

>I have not used this product (the contract that would have required
>X.25 vapourized), but when I called them, they were very, very
>knowledgable and friendly.  They get an A+ for effort...;')

>P.S. - I'd like to here from anyone who is using this product.  I'd
>       hate to steer someone in that direction if the product is a dog.

I did install this product for a customer here in Iceland. All problems
were solved during a 10 minute phone call to The Software Group. The
system is running fine as far as I know, so they get A+ for the product
as well :-)
--
Heimir Sverrisson
NeuroSoft Inc.

lance@belltec.UUCP (Lance Norskog) (08/16/89)

In article <310@visenix.UUCP>, beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:
> I'm looking for an X.25 board/software that supports
> TLI under 386/ix (ATT SYSVr3.2).  If any one knows of
> such a beast please let me know.

Well, Streamlined Networks has something like this, but there's TCP/IP
in the way: Streamlined TCP supports the NetCom II X.25 adapter from
The Software Group (Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada, uunet!tsgfred!derek)
as a network adapter, as well as Ethernet cards and SL/IP.

TLI talks to level 4 network software, while X.25 provides only level 3.
A TLI interface for X.25 would actually provide ISO TP0, which is X.25
with a minimal level 4 wrapped around it.  I haven't heard of anyone
providing this.

Lance C Norskog
Sales Engineer, Streamlined Networks
thinman@cup.portal.com: 415-659-1450