[comp.unix.i386] dossette does not work

ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu (M. Ghodsi) (09/04/89)

I have recently installed ISC 386/ix 1.0.6 on my PS/2 70.  I have problems getting
dossette to work (doscopy, etc.) It doesn't seem to recognize the floppy
/dev/f0q18dt. It complains that it can not open the device.  The floppy is accessible
in vpix though.   Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

thanks
--

 --- Mohammad Ghodsi
     ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu

marc@dumbcat.UUCP (Marco S Hyman) (09/07/89)

In article <GHODSI.89Sep4110531@shire.cs.psu.edu> ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu (M. Ghodsi) writes:

> I have recently installed ISC 386/ix 1.0.6 on my PS/2 70.  I have problems getting
> dossette to work (doscopy, etc.) It doesn't seem to recognize the floppy
> /dev/f0q18dt. It complains that it can not open the device.  The floppy is accessible
> in vpix though.   Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

If it's the same dossette that's shipped with 2.0.1 it doesn't have any
support for 3 1/2" disks built in.  Run strings on the binary and take a
look -- It only knows about the 5 1/4" disks.

If anyone knows of a way around this limitiation please let the rest of us
know.

--marc
--
// Marco S. Hyman
// ...!pacbell!dumbcat!marc

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (09/14/89)

I once got it to work on a PS/2 model 80 be linking f0q18dt to whatever
the name was it was trying to use.  I don't remember what that was,
however, and it did NOT work when I tried it on another Micro Channel
machine ( a clone ).

						Tim Smith