[comp.unix.i386] FAX cards for ISC 386/ix

drich@dialogic.UUCP (Dan Rich) (09/30/89)

Has anyone tried to use a FAX board under ISC 386/ix?  We are
considering purchasing one for our file server, and I would like to
get experiences/recomendations for various boards.  We are running
386/ix version 2.0.2 on an AT bus machine.  We would like to be able
to route email to the fax board as needed.  At the moment, we aren't
that concerned with handling incoming faxes, but that is a thought for
the future.

Right now, I really don't even know where to start looking for
vendors, so any help would be appreciated.

--
- Dan Rich              |                           |   Dialogic Corporation
  drich@dialogic.UUCP   | - Time is an illusion.    |   300 Littleton Rd

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (10/05/89)

In article <964@dialogic.UUCP> drich@dialogic.UUCP (Dan Rich) writes:

>Has anyone tried to use a FAX board under ISC 386/ix?

I have used JETFAX from PC Research, Inc., 201-389-8963 for several
weeks now.  The package uses Quadram jt9600 board (Hayes now).  It
is a VERY nice system.  Yes there have been several bugs in it
( I was shipped the 2nd copy ever shipped), but they were taken
care of by the company very fast.  I highly reccomend the package.
I have it running under Interactive's 2.02 with an external modem
sharing the same phone line.

rick@pcrat.uucp (Rick Richardson) (10/07/89)

In article <103@gizzmo.UUCP> mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:
>In article <964@dialogic.UUCP> drich@dialogic.UUCP (Dan Rich) writes:
>>
>>Has anyone tried to use a FAX board under ISC 386/ix?
>
>I have used JETFAX from PC Research, Inc., 201-389-8963 for several
>weeks now.  The package uses Quadram jt9600 board (Hayes now).  It
>is a VERY nice system.

Thanks for the plug, Mark.

I'd like to point out that two names have changed.  First, our
Facsimile System For UNIX is now called "FaxiX".  Second, as
of October 1, Hayes Microcomputer Products has taken over the
JT FAX 9600 product line (they bought the line last June).  Hayes
has also reduced the list price of the JT FAX 9600 board to $695.
There will undoubtedly be a corresponding drop in the "street" price.

Also, if anyone is planning to attend UNIX Expo in New York,
November 1-3, you can see FaxiX in action.  Just stop by
the INTERACTIVE Systems booth.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson |       Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??????     mention
PC Research,Inc.|                  WE'RE SHIPPING			 your