[comp.unix.i386] Anyone get GNU G++ 1.36.0 up on 386/ix v2.0.2???

steve@hite386.UUCP (Steve Hite) (10/28/89)

   Has anyone gotten G++ 1.36.0 up and running on Interactive v2.0.2?
I see postings around for patches to 1.35.1 for 386's but not for 1.36.0
yet.  GCC came up and has been working just fine, using the system's default
libraries (that is, I'm not using COFF_ENCAPSULATION).

   I can get cc1plus to compile but it dies on the link with the unresolved
externals
                 undefined           first referenced
                  symbol                 in file
                 start                   unex-addr.o
                 data_start              unex-addr.o
                 getpagesize             unexec.o

I made sure crt0+.o and crt1+.o were put in /usr/local/lib.  I noticed that
the getpagesize is only defined for the HP's.

   I would greatly appreciate any reponse by postings or e-mail.

Steve Hite
...uunet!gatech!uflorida!unf7!hite386!steve

jackv@turnkey.gryphon.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (10/30/89)

In article <4@hite386.UUCP> steve@hite386.UUCP (Steve Hite) writes:
>   Has anyone gotten G++ 1.36.0 up and running on Interactive v2.0.2?
>I see postings around for patches to 1.35.1 for 386's but not for 1.36.0
>yet.  GCC came up and has been working just fine, using the system's default
>libraries (that is, I'm not using COFF_ENCAPSULATION).

 Steve, where did you get 1.36?? I ftp'ed gcc 1.36 from prep.ai.mit.edu this
weekend and I only saw g++ 1.35.1 there.
 What I would recommend doing is taking the 1.35.1 coff patches and very
carefully manually applying the needed changes. From the sound of your
linkage errors I would say that you have not made the necessary changes to
the crt0.c code (which when built becomes crt1+.o).
 Just for everybody's information, I have finally gotton g++ 1.35.0 to work
under 2.0.2. Previously I could build the compiler, pass, library, but when
I would execute the linked program I would get no output. It turns out there
is also a sysv patch to libg++, once I applied that and rebuilt the library
it all works fine. Both patches are available on tut.cis.ohio-state.edu or
prep.ai.mit.edu, make sure you get them!!

Let us know of your sucess.

On a completely seperate matter, has anyone out there done or seen the
necessary low-level code for 386/ix to get oops v2r2 to work?? I would
like to avoid doing the work myself if it has already been done.

--
Jack F. Vogel			jackv@seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -