[comp.unix.i386] Is there an X11R[23] for the Bell Tech WGE on 386/ix 2.0.2

larry@focsys.UUCP (Larry Williamson) (11/11/89)

Does anyone  know if there is an X11 package available for the Bell
Tech WGE that will run on Interactive's 386/ix 2.0.2?

We have one of these Bell Tech WGE cards from a project that I was
working on last year. We were using Bell Tech's Unix 3.0 and their
X10.4 software.

We would like to make use of this hardware in one of our 386 machines.
These 386 systems run 386/ix 2.0.2 (aka AT&T Unix 3.2).  Also, since
our BSD systems run X11R2 and R3, we would like to use this same X
release level on the 386.

If you know of any possible sources, I would love to hear of them.

Thanks
-larry

In article <LARRY.89Nov10162647@focsys.UUCP>, larry@focsys.UUCP (Larry Williamson) writes:
> Does anyone  know if there is an X11 package available for the Bell
> Tech WGE that will run on Interactive's 386/ix 2.0.2?

Interactive has a driver for it.  I tested the WGE under BT's OS and drivers
and the same hardware configuration with Interactives OS and driver and
found that interactives driver is almost an order of magnitude faster (at
least with respect to scrolling data on an xterm.

If you already have 386/ix 2.0.2, then call interactive and ask for the
BT WGE driver disk.  It has been out for about 3 or 4 months.