[comp.unix.i386] ISC upgrades

akcs.larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (11/17/89)

My original comments were based on a current ISC customer running
1.06 who wanted to upgrade to 2.02.   We asked Brian in your Hollis
office about the upgrade path for this specific client who currently
was not under any support plan - and we were told that there currently
is no upgrade path other than re-purchasing the product through the
normal distribution channels.

jwd@sas.UUCP (John W. DeBoskey) (11/20/89)

In article <[256366b8:168]comp.unix.i386@nstar.UUCP> akcs.larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>My original comments were based on a current ISC customer running
>1.06 who wanted to upgrade to 2.02.   We asked Brian in your Hollis
>office about the upgrade path for this specific client who currently
>was not under any support plan - and we were told that there currently
>is no upgrade path other than re-purchasing the product through the
>normal distribution channels.

   I'd be VERY interested in hearing the reply to this statement. I
purchased 1.0.6 for the PS2 Mod 80 because it was all that was
available, even though 2.0 had been released. I continued to receive
the small question cards asking me if I want to upgrade to 2.0x, but
when I called to get specific support information, it was always for
AT class machines only. Well, it's been about 9 months or so now, and
I wouldn't mind upgrading to get the latest support and fixes(some
of which shouldn't have had to have been fixed in the 1st place if
ISC had simply done it right). So what's the scoop? Should I have
to completely re-purchase the product? I should hope not!

                                      John

jwd%sas@rti.rti.org       (w)
jwd%baggins@mcnc.mcnc.org (h)

I guess I should state that it's been about 3 months since
I've heard from or bothered to call isc. I kind of get tired
of talking to people who I feel I have to pry the information
out of them with a crowbar. They sell the product. They support
it. They should be able to answer simple machine/version/support
pricing questions.

support@ism780c.isc.com (Support account) (11/23/89)

In article <1333@sas.UUCP> jwd@sas.UUCP (John W. DeBoskey) writes:
>In article <[256366b8:168]comp.unix.i386@nstar.UUCP> akcs.larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>My original comments were based on a current ISC customer running
>>1.06 who wanted to upgrade to 2.02.   We asked Brian in your Hollis
>>office about the upgrade path for this specific client who currently
>
>   I'd be VERY interested in hearing the reply to this statement. I
>purchased 1.0.6 for the PS2 Mod 80 because it was all that was
>available, even though 2.0 had been released. I continued to receive

Please note my earlier message contained erroneous pricing information.
Upgrade prices contained in the following message has been verified as
correct.

Upgrades from release 1.0.6 to 2.X (MCA version) are available at the same
price as the AT upgrade and may be ordered through INTERACTIVE Distribution
in Hollis via the toll-free number: 800/537-5324, (603) 465-3177. The upgrade
price includes all media costs and V.3.2. AT&T Unix royalties.  A support
contract is not required for the upgrade.  Confirmation of a valid 1.0.6
license is required to obtain the upgrade pricing.

OS upgrade (1-2 user) $175
	   (3+ user)   320

Complete System (upgraded with Application Developer)
	    1-2 user  $400
	    3+  user   545

Applications Platform (upgraded to Application Starter)
	    1-2 user  $240
	    3+  user   385

Applications Development Platform (upgraded to Application Developer)
	    1-2 user  $475
	    3+  user   610

VP/ix, TCP/IP and NFS in all user classes may be upgraded for $45, TEN/PLUS,
TPWB and X11 Runtime in all user classes may be upgraded for $35 each from
1.0.6 base to 2.X.  X11 Development is $50.  SDS is $200.  Network Connection
Facilities (RFS) is $75.

Release 2.0.2 for MCA machines began shipping in June 1989.  Our apologies
for any confusion that may have been caused by this delay.  All products are
now shipping and are completely current with AT releases.  Release 1.0.6
customers may upgrade to the 2.X series at the prices listed above by
contacting INTERACTIVE Distribution.

Mike Camplin
Director
Product Management and Support