[comp.unix.i386] looking for ethernet board + NFS for AT&T 6386/25

ekrell@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eduardo Krell[dgb]) (11/30/89)

The Subject line says it all. I want an ethernet board with all
the TCP/IP software and NFS which will work on an AT&T 6386/25
running SVR3.2 .
I have a Micon/Interlan NP600 on a 6386E, which is a great board
but it's missing NFS and I've been told there are no plans to put
NFS on it.
--

    Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill

    {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell	Internet: ekrell@ulysses.att.com

david@loki.uif.uiuc.edu (David M. Lyle) (11/30/89)

In article <12438@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eduardo Krell[dgb]) writes:
>The Subject line says it all. I want an ethernet board with all
>the TCP/IP software and NFS which will work on an AT&T 6386/25
>running SVR3.2 .
>I have a Micon/Interlan NP600 on a 6386E, which is a great board
>but it's missing NFS and I've been told there are no plans to put
>NFS on it.

I would check into the TCP/IP WIN/386 product that AT&T has just recently
started to distribute. (it may still be in controlled introduction, I don't
know as we were a beta site)  It runs on the regular StarLan 10 boards
and supports most of the standard Berkely features.  NFS may well be an
available option, I know Wollongong offers it on their packaging.

ken@metaware.metaware.com (ken) (12/01/89)

In article <12438@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eduardo Krell[dgb]) writes:
>The Subject line says it all. I want an ethernet board with all
>the TCP/IP software and NFS which will work on an AT&T 6386/25
>running SVR3.2 .

I just got updates to Wollongong tcp/ip and nfs the other day. It is release
1.3 for the nfs and release 3.1 for the tcp/ip. I use a 3com 503 card. I had
been using the older stuff for about the last 7 months. It had bugs but nothing
catastrofic. The performance was decent and and was reliable as long as you had
plenty of stream buffers. I haven't lived long enough with the new releases yet
to get a good opinion but they do work.

-Ken