[comp.unix.i386] SL/IP

jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (12/09/89)

Does someone have SL/IP for ISC 2.02 that is serial port
device independent? In other words, the software can be used
on any serial port and as many serial ports as exist in the
system. I have a SL/IP for ISC which uses only tty01.

| Michael Lodman               Mike.Lodman@SanDiego.NCR.COM |
| NCR Corporation  -  Distributed Systems Lab  -  San Diego |
| 9900 Old Grove Rd.  San Diego, CA.  92131  (619) 693-5353 |

kirkd@ism780c.isc.com (Kirk Davis) (12/12/89)

In article <177@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Does someone have SL/IP for ISC 2.02 that is serial port
>device independent? In other words, the software can be used
>on any serial port and as many serial ports as exist in the
>system. I have a SL/IP for ISC which uses only tty01.

Our next release of Host Based TCP/IP (1.2) will have a SLIP Driver
based on BSD SLIP line discipline that should work with any TTY
driver. Also included is a primitive (very) Dialup utility that will
allow SLIP network connections via modems connected to a serial port.

-kbd- (kirkd@ism.isc.com -or- uunet!ism780c!kirkd)

jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (12/13/89)

In article <37372@ism780c.isc.com> kirkd@ism780c.UUCP (Kirk Davis) writes:
>In article <177@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Our next release of Host Based TCP/IP (1.2) will have a SLIP Driver
>based on BSD SLIP line discipline that should work with any TTY
>driver. Also included is a primitive (very) Dialup utility that will
>allow SLIP network connections via modems connected to a serial port.

Do you have a release date and upgrade price?

- Mike