[comp.unix.i386] Multi-ports board

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (12/17/89)

karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

>Specialix is a new one for us, but very promising.  The driver has a few
>bugs in it, but nothing terrible that UUCP won't deal with.

At least in the UNIX 386 driver for Specialix there is a bug
that is terrible enough that I can't make this board work properly
with modems.

If you have strapped your modem to hold CD high only when a connection
is established, you can't dial out. If you open the modem control
device with the O_NDELAY flag set (by specifying ttyAxx,M in
Devices), uucico aborts as soon as the O_NDELAY flag is cleared,
probarbly because the driver sends a SIGHUP to the process.

For those who are intererested, I use 386/ix 2.0.1 with
the 2.02A Specialix driver.

>They also have pledged to solve the problems -- more than many other
>companies have said they would do (or have actually done)!

You have better experiences then I have, I reported this bug in
August this year and did not even receive any acknowledgement.
--
Pim Zandbergen                           domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                          uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim