[comp.unix.i386] 3C505 driver needed

kiely@lownlab.harvard.edu (James P. Kiely) (12/29/89)

Does anyone have a driver for the 3COM 3C505 Ethernet card
that will work with Interactive 386/ix System V Unix?
I was told (by Dell) that they support it but it turns out
that they do not.
Help.
Thanks.

NAME:     James P. Kiely                USPS:   Kiely Laboratories
USENET:   ...!harvard!lownlab!kiely             P.O. Box 624
DOMAIN:   kiely@lownlab.harvard.edu             Allston, MA 02134-0624
PHONE:    +1 617 782 4136                       USA

news@brian386.uucp (News Administrator) (12/30/89)

kiely@lownlab.harvard.edu (James P. Kiely) writes:

>Does anyone have a driver for the 3COM 3C505 Ethernet card
>that will work with Interactive 386/ix System V Unix?

I would also be interested in such a beast.  I called 3COM, and they,
don't supply drivers for their cards, or at least that is what I was
told.  They have some type of a developers package, but I couldn't get
a straight answer about it either.

	brian

--
Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
                                    | when you knock, equally spaced amid
Disclaimer: I don't think they even | those that open when you don't want
            admit I work here.      | them to. - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"

paul@dialogic.UUCP (The Imaginative Moron) (01/04/90)

The 386/ix Host Based TCP that ISC supply for 386/ix has support for the
3C503.  In fact, I'm using it right now ...

--
Paul Bennett	      |  			| "I give in, to sin, because
Dialogic Corp.	      |   paul@dialogic.UUCP	|  You have to make this life