[comp.unix.i386] help on MICROPOLIS 1568 HD

lin@cdin-1.UUCP (Lin Chen ) (01/16/90)

Hi Netters:

We have a problem that we need some help with :

First our system configuration :

AMI386/25 running SCO XENIX2.3.1 and we have tried SCO XENIX 2.3.2 GT and AT
with a MICROPOLIS Model 1568 which is 660 MB HD. Some drive specifics :
Cylinder : 1630; Head : 15; Sector : 54. The hard drive controller is
(ADAPTEC) ACB-2322B-8.

The drive gets through Debug ( using G=C800:5 ) with no problems. It only
when we go to install SCO XENIX that we can not get through the bad track
routine with either destructive or non-destructive using thorough or quick
options.

We have talked to MICROPOLIS, ADAPTEC and SCO and have been unsuccessful with
their suggestions. We would appreciate any ideas and passed experiences with
this configuration.

We will summarize if there is enough interest.
--
	Lin Chen				{uunet,bpa}!cdin-1!lin
						lin@cdin-1.uu.net

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) (01/18/90)

In article <436@cdin-1.UUCP> lin@cdin-1.UUCP (Lin Chen  ) writes:

>AMI386/25 running SCO XENIX2.3.1 and we have tried SCO XENIX 2.3.2 GT and AT
>with a MICROPOLIS Model 1568 which is 660 MB HD. Some drive specifics :
>Cylinder : 1630; Head : 15; Sector : 54. The hard drive controller is
>(ADAPTEC) ACB-2322B-8.

Hmm, no response yet.

Is there anybody out there using 600-700 MB drives with SCO Xenix, GT version
or otherwise?

Be very interested in hearing from anyone out there who is successfully using
large ESDI drives.

fred
--
Fred Rump              | UUCP:  {uunet bpa dsinc}!cdin-1!fred
CompuData, Inc.        |  or ...{allegra killer gatech!uflorida decvax!ucf-cs}