[comp.unix.i386] Sorry, but sendmail again

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (01/14/90)

GAD, I lost a primary sector on my disk yesterday and lost all of my
archives.  After rebuilding my system, I discovered that my sendmail
was back to the non operational mode.  Can someone PLEASE repost the
modification to the sendmail configuration file that fixes this problem
again?

Thanks

Mark Hilliard
N2HHR
rutgers!rochester!kodak!gizzmo!mark

In article <102@gizzmo.UUCP>, mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:

> GAD, I lost a primary sector on my disk yesterday and lost all of my
> archives.  After rebuilding my system, I discovered that my sendmail
> was back to the non operational mode.  Can someone PLEASE repost the
> modification to the sendmail configuration file that fixes this problem
> again?

In order to get sendmail to work on our system we did the following:

	1. replace /bin/rmail with a copy of (or a link to) /usr/lib/sendmail

	2. Modify sendmail.cf as follows:

34c34
< Dwunix
---
> Dwvirtech
260,261c260,261
< R$*<@$=U.UUX>$*		$#uux$@$2$:$1$3			known uucphost
< R$*<@$=U$+.UUX>$*	$#uux$@$2$:$1@$2$4		known uucphost
---
> R$*<@$=U.UUX>$*		$#smail$@$2$:$1$3			known uucphost
> R$*<@$=U$+.UUX>$*	$#smail$@$2$:$1@$2$4		known uucphost

We did this so long ago that I can't tell you what the changes on lines 260 and
261 did. I would have to RTFM again and I am sure you could do the same.

clewis@eci386.uucp (Chris Lewis) (01/18/90)

Regarding mail wierdness on eci386, ISC 1.0.6 has a shell script called
/usr/lib/install.mail that if you run it does the mail and sendmail.cf
change.  Works fine with us.  I'm not sure whether this was documented
or not.  It'll even work with slightly more complicated configurations.

But, do yourself a favour and upgrade to smail 2.5 (1.0.6 is smail 2.3),
and send /usr/lib/sendmail to the great free list in the sky.  ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Elegant Communications Inc, {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis