[comp.unix.i386] SYS V R 4 Interrogative

kleonard@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ken Leonard) (01/19/90)

Well, maybe this is the wrong question or the wrong group, but...
Who knows when/whether/if any of the several PClone-*nix vendors
have announced, or plan to ship, SYS-V R-4 ?
-----------------
thanx,
Ken

jinkins@ut-emx.UUCP (Richard Jinkins) (01/19/90)

In article <504@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM>, kleonard@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ken Leonard) writes:
> Well, maybe this is the wrong question or the wrong group, but...
> Who knows when/whether/if any of the several PClone-*nix vendors
> have announced, or plan to ship, SYS-V R-4 ?

I just spoke with a representative from Everex (they market a version of
Unix and call it ESIX). He indicated that rev D of ESIX 5.3.2 would be out in
March and that System 5 rel 4 would be out sometime this summer. Sorry,
no price available.

Richard Jinkins
jinkins@emx.utexas.edu