[comp.unix.i386] ESIX Problems

jde@everex.UUCP (-Jeff Ellis) (02/01/90)

It has come to our notice that there are problems dealing with our product
that have not been delt with.  If you have problems dealing with ESIX Sales
or Marketing call Dave Ferrara at 1-800-821-0806 x2686. You may also send
US-Mail to him at:
	48460 Kato Road
	Fremount, CA 94538

If you have Tech Support question or problems you can as always
send them to me. Send e-mail to uunet!zardoz!everex!jde or jde@everex.UUCP.
My phone number or US-Mail Address are in my .SIG

If you have comments or sugestion about our support or features you would
like to see in ESIX feel free to let me know by e-mail.

At ESIX we trying to give you the best product and the best support in the
UNIX world. So just let us know how to we can be of help.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V A Division Everex Systems Inc.
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705

bateman@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Monte Bateman) (02/05/90)

Alright....I GIVE UP!!!
I'm trying to write a device driver for an A/D card on a
COMPAQ 386/20e running ESIX 5.3.2 Rev C.

Question:
Does anybody know how to use the DMA support routines mentioned
in the ESIX/386 release notes?  I have been able to DMA small chunks
of data; I also have: (a) locked up the system, (b) caused a PANIC
trap, (c) gotten several core dumps; (d) combinations of all three.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....e-mail please.

Note - several calls to ESIX tech support have gotten me nowhere except
talking to the phone-answer person!

Monte Bateman
National Severe Storms Laboratory
bateman @ nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (02/07/90)

In article <463@everex.UUCP> jde@everex.UUCP (-Jeff Ellis) writes:
>It has come to our notice that there are problems dealing with our product
>that have not been delt with...
>
>If you have Tech Support question or problems you can as always
>send them to me. Send e-mail to uunet!zardoz!everex!jde or jde@everex.UUCP.

From my experience I have had superb response from David and Anthony at ESIX
Tech support.  My only (?) gripe is that the file system performance is too
slow.  But geeze: for the price I don't think an you can beat ESIX - and
all the stuff that comes with it (networking, XWindows,C Development
Package, etc, etc, etc).  In _my_ opinion the problem they need to fix the
filesystem I/O speed.  I'm hoping this will be (has been?) addressed in
Rev. D. (Have Ida give me a call...)

Keith Ericson
Tektronix