[comp.unix.i386] Microsoft Word under VP/IX

tbray@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) (02/26/90)

The title says it all.  The VP/ix in question is under Interactive 2.0.2.
Can anybody out there tell me first-hand either that this is known to work
or known not to work, or if there are any special gyrations required?

Tim Bray, U of Waterloo, tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (02/27/90)

In article <21280@watdragon.waterloo.edu> tbray@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) writes:
>The title says it all.  The VP/ix in question is under Interactive 2.0.2.
>Can anybody out there tell me first-hand either that this is known to work
>or known not to work, or if there are any special gyrations required?

For a fact, Microsoft word under VP/ix works just fine.  I have use both
version 4 and 5, in fact, I just set up version 5 on vpix in its networking
mode, and it works great.  It interacts fine with the print spooler too.

Mark Hilliard
N2HHR

vjs@calcite.UUCP (Vernon Schryver) (02/28/90)

In article <21280@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, tbray@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) writes:
> Can anybody out there tell me first-hand either that this is known to work
> or known not to work, or if there are any special gyrations required?
> Tim Bray, U of Waterloo, tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu

Microsoft Word 5.00 works here under ISC 2.0.2 and VP/ix 1.1.1 with a
Logitech "new" bus mouse, but only after getting the `"Disk Full" Patch'
diskette (for free) from Microsoft.  Without the patch, Word thought the
DOSy representation of the UNIX filesystem was full, read-only or otherwise
unusable.  Without the patch it was able to use real and
fake-in-a-single-file DOS filesystems.

Vernon Schryver
vjs@calcite.uucp