[comp.unix.i386] virtterm.c for bnews

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (03/04/90)

I just picked up the latest news package and can't remember what
I did last time to get virtterm to compile (I believe I added
an include for sys/ptem.h but that doesn't seem to correct the problem).
Has anyone installed virtterm lately with 386/ix - and if so, what
did you have to do to get it to compile?
--
The Northern Star Public Access Unix Site, Notre Dame, Indiana USA
     uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry    internet: larry@nstar

jay@metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) (03/04/90)

In article <511220@nstar.UUCP>, larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> I just picked up the latest news package and can't remember what
> I did last time to get virtterm to compile (I believe I added
> an include for sys/ptem.h but that doesn't seem to correct the problem).
> Has anyone installed virtterm lately with 386/ix - and if so, what
> did you have to do to get it to compile?

I simply added the line

#undef TIOCGWINSZ

after the #include's at the beginning of virtterm.c.  I'm not sure if this is a
kludge or not, but as far as I can tell, everything works ok.  BTW, note that
with a little modification to the Makefile, you can compile and run bnews
without being able to compile virtterm.c; it is only used for vnews, and you can
use readnews instead.

				Jay Ts
				Metran Technology
				Clearwater FL