[comp.unix.i386] 386/ix on hp vectra rs20c

phil@dprmpt.UUCP (Philip Hall ) (03/04/90)

i have interactive's 386/ix v2.01 running on an HP vectra rs20c.
the keyboard that came with my machine does not have the "SYS-REQ" key.
is there any other way or key sequence to access the virtual terminal features?

another question: i have looked through the at&t manuals as well as the
manuals that came with 386ix, and i can not find any references to using the
kernel debugger. i know that if i install it, and then press
"alt-ctrl-d" i can get into the debugger. is there any documentation avaiable
for using the debugger?
also, is there any docs for using the kernel profiling feature?

thanks for any help.

data-prompt inc.
phil@ uunet!phil

jackv@turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (03/06/90)

In article <282@dprmpt.UUCP> phil@dprmpt.UUCP (Philip Hall	) writes:

>another question: i have looked through the at&t manuals as well as the
>manuals that came with 386ix, and i can not find any references to using the
>kernel debugger. i know that if i install it, and then press
>"alt-ctrl-d" i can get into the debugger. is there any documentation avaiable
>for using the debugger?

You didn't look very hard. What you are looking for is debugger(8) and it
can be found in the rear of the Operating System Guide manual for 386/ix.
As for where it might be in the AT&T manual set I can't say but I am fairly
confident that its there somewhere.

Disclaimer: These views are mine not necessarily LCC's

--
Jack F. Vogel			jackv@seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -

support@ism780c.isc.com (Support account) (03/07/90)

In article <282@dprmpt.UUCP> phil@dprmpt.UUCP (Philip Hall	) writes:
>another question: i have looked through the at&t manuals as well as the
>manuals that came with 386ix, and i can not find any references to using the
>kernel debugger. i know that if i install it, and then press
>"alt-ctrl-d" i can get into the debugger. is there any documentation avaiable
>for using the debugger?

See debugger(8), the manual pages for the kernel debugger included
at the back of "The 386/ix Operating System Guide" among the other
Interactive Systems specific manual pages.