[comp.unix.i386] ISC 386ix Latest Version ?

marwood@ncs.dnd.ca (Gordon Marwood) (03/24/90)

We are in the process of acquiring ISC 386ix to run on a Bull 386
machine.  After querying what seemed to be delivery of an out-of-date
version, we are now being offered version 2.3.2.  I was under the
impression that 2.0.2 was the latest.  Have we been given bad
information, or is there a recent upgrade ?

Gordon Marwood
Internet: marwood@ncs.dnd.ca

dave@rylos.UUCP (David Mutterer) (03/24/90)

In article <760@ncs.dnd.ca>, marwood@ncs.dnd.ca (Gordon Marwood) writes:
>  .
>  .
> version, we are now being offered version 2.3.2.  I was under the
> impression that 2.0.2 was the latest.  Have we been given bad
> information, or is there a recent upgrade ?

Well.. the story is, 2.0.2 is the latest and greatest if you apply
all the patches...

2.2 is on the way.. should be just a couple of months...  it's suppose to
have C2 security and other "stuff".

also a new tcp should be out in a month or so... to fix all of the current
problems...

and then, ultimatly,  sometime late this year, will be a completly seperate
product based on System 5 Release 4.  This is not going to outdate 2.2 or
2.0.2 but will be a seperate product all together.

all of this information is my translation of talking to ISC hollis.
and all of this information is from our sales rep.  and you all know
how to tell if a sales rep is lying... his lips move..!!  (just kidding) :-)

"I never met a computer I didn't like,"    |  David Mutterer (N2IDF)
       "---unless it was made by IBM.!"    |  {rutgers!}rylos!dave

In article <760@ncs.dnd.ca> marwood@ncs.dnd.ca (Gordon Marwood) writes:
>We are in the process of acquiring ISC 386ix to run on a Bull 386
>machine.  After querying what seemed to be delivery of an out-of-date
>version, we are now being offered version 2.3.2.  I was under the
>impression that 2.0.2 was the latest.  Have we been given bad
>information, or is there a recent upgrade ?

Interactives current release of 386/ix is 2.0.2.  It is based upon System V
Release 3.2.  Xenix's current release is 2.3.2.  It appears that someone has
confused the issue.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/25/90)

>----------
>  Resp: 1 of 1 by *Masked* at rylos.UUCP
>  Date: Sat Mar 24 1990 18:54

>product based on System 5 Release 4.  This is not going to outdate 2.2 or
>2.0.2 but will be a seperate product all together.

"It will be a seperate product!"

(could not resist)

Yuppie Sushi Eater Kidnaps Richard Nixon, Stalks Princess Stephanie.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568