[comp.unix.i386] What is this?: acctmerg: read error file 0??? Huh?

greyham@hades.OZ (Greyham Stoney) (04/02/90)

On our ISC 386/ix 2.0.2 system, root frequently gets the following mail from
the accounting runs each night; can anyone tell me what it might mean???.

	From LOGIN Sun Apr  1 04:01:17 1990
	Date: Sun, 1 Apr 90 04:01:17 EST
	From: LOGIN
	A: read error file 0
	Apparently-To: root

	Cron: The previous message is the standard output
      	and standard error of one of your cron commands.

There are two problems actually:
1) The messages:
	Acctmerg: read error file 0
	Ptacct1.0401: read error file 0
	A: read error file 0

   Any clues on what to do to stop this business?.

2) When cron sends mail messages back, it doesn't seem to include any headers
(which sendmail evidently expects), and so sendmail assumes everything up to
the first blank line is a header. Then, since there's no To: header, it bungs
an Apparently-To: in.

    Any idea how to solve this one and get cron or sendmail to do the right
thing?.
							Thanks.....
								Greyham.
--
/*  Greyham Stoney:                            Australia: (02) 428 6476  *
 *     greyham@hades.oz  - Ausonics Pty Ltd, Lane Cove, Sydney, Oz.      *