[comp.unix.i386] Need information on VP/IX or DosMer

root@gold.UUCP (Christian Seyb) (04/05/90)

thomas@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu writes:

>the really annoying thing about vp/ix is the way it handles printing:
>1.) it won't do graphics characters.  try to get interactive, or at&t,
>or the harvard graphics folks to help you get real live stuff on you
>hp laserjet.  ha!  they'll all point the finger at they other guy &
>say "i don't support it since it ain't my product".  open systems?  hah!
>try getting output to the hp laserjet from pagemaker!

I am using ISC 2.0.2 with VP/ix. I regularly print out graphics with
Windows 86, GEM and other graphics packages.

There is one thing you have to be careful about. Before files reach the
printer, they will be send through a filter. Some of those filters don't
like binary data at all and screw up the printout.

regards Christian
--
Christian Seyb      |  Internet: cs@gold.UUCP               uucp login: nuucp
Vogesenweg 4        |  Mailbox:  +49-711-776494   24h           300-19200 HST