[comp.unix.i386] SNA on 386 Intr

wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) (05/08/90)

>Anybody have any recommendations for doing SNA
>with Interactive Unix?  I'd particularly
>like to be able to bet LU6.2 comliance...

Mitek makes a TCP/IP<>SNA gateway that looks like a telnet host.  The main
advantage of this type of gateway is that everything that can speak TCP/IP,
including Macintoshes and PCs, can access the SNA hosts identically, with
the same keyboard mapping as well.

The only problems I've had with it seem to have been related to the use
of 3Com 3C505 intelligent adapters in some of the pc's that access the
gateway.  A trace revealed that the 505 cards were not responding correctly,
causing the Mitek to hang.  The Mitek software ought to be robust enough
to keep the box from failing.  The next release will be, I'm sure.

ifnxdml@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Matt Lyle) (05/09/90)

In article <26462850-43f.1comp.unix.i386-1@point.UUCP> wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) writes:
>>Anybody have any recommendations for doing SNA with Interactive Unix?
>
>Mitek makes a TCP/IP<>SNA gateway that looks like a telnet host.  The main
>advantage of this type of gateway is that everything that can speak TCP/IP,
>including Macintoshes and PCs, can access the SNA hosts identically, with
>the same keyboard mapping as well.
>
>The only problems I've had with it seem to have been related to the use
>of 3Com 3C505 intelligent adapters in some of the pc's that access the
>gateway.  A trace revealed that the 505 cards were not responding correctly,
>causing the Mitek to hang.  The Mitek software ought to be robust enough
>to keep the box from failing.  The next release will be, I'm sure.

What release of the Mitek software are you running... I have their high
speed gateway connected between our AS/400 and TCP/IP and have not had
a problem...