[net.auto] '71 Volvo hulk for sale

hopkins@burdvax.UUCP (02/13/84)

Last Friday, my beloved 144S blew its head gasket and started a small oil
fire on the exhaust manifold.  Given the rust underneath the body and the
Pennsylania attitude towards same, I have regretfully decided not to try to
resuscitate it.  I therefore offer it for your consideration.  Details:

- 165 000 miles (assuming it was really 66 000 when I bought it in '75).

- 2-liter, 4-cylinder engine with SU carbs and a taste for leaded premium.
  The valves were done at 110 000 miles.

- Good transmission (weak synchro in 3rd, been that way since '75), rear-end,
  running gear.  Brakes rebuilt at 110k but the left front is hanging up
  again.

- Body in good shape externally, but rotting from within.  Currently '78
  Thunderbird red, with grey interior and upholstery.

- Those neat inertial seatbelt reels you've been reading about in net.auto
  (they've never worked conveniently, but they're convincing).

All this is available for inspection by qualified bidders.  No serious
offers refused (unless there are two).

Bill Hopkins		(215) 648-7578
SDC-Burroughs		(215) 269-4486
P.O. Box 517		{presby,sdcrdcf,psuvax}!burdvax!hopkins
Paoli, PA 19301

ACT NOW!  THIS CAR WON'T LAST!
Subject: '71 Volvo hulk for sale (E. Pa)
Newsgroups: net.auto net.wanted