[comp.unix.i386] Sun SLC pricing, quantity 1

leech@homer.cs.unc.edu (Jonathan Leech) (06/01/90)

In article <1990May26.140550.1480@virtech.uucp> cpcahil@virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <136279@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher@Eng.Sun.COM (John Plocher) writes:
>	[story of sun PC & its configuration deleted]
>>	$3k-$5k depending on qty, educational discounts, etc
>>	+ $250 Media charge for OS tape -or-  + $600 Media and full Manual set
>>	$800 - $1k 3rd party 110Mb SCSI drive
>>	========
>>	$4k - $6k (And NO FAN noise!!!)
>
>Now, give me a phone number & contact where I can get that system for that
>price - quantity 1.

    1-800-624-8999 extension 2066; they'll put you on the mailing list
and give you the phone number of your local Sun rep.

>All of the pricing that has been posted here about the 386s are quantity
>1 Jon Q Public prices and you can't compare them to quantity/educational
>discounted prices.

    To quote the footnote in the Sun ad in the May 28 PC Week:

   "US List Price Quantity 1, $4,995.  Includes a 17-inch,
    high-resolution monochrome display, 8 MB of main memory, integral
    Ethernet, SCSI, and serial interfaces, and the Sun Operating
    System."

    Any more questions?
--
    Jon Leech (leech@cs.unc.edu)    __@/
    ``Scientific progress goes "Boink"?'' - Hobbes