[comp.unix.i386] fas error

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/02/90)

I finally had a change to compile the fas async driver code.  Everything
works fine until I go to compile the kernel.  I get the following error:

	undefined symbol: __divsi3  in /etc/conf/pack.d/fas/Driver.o

Driver.o is really fas.o renamed.

I am running ISC 2.0.2.  I used all the defaults that came with the fas
code.  It is version 2.05.

Any help will be appreciated by those users who have gotten this to work
on their system.

E-mail please.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\        spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

jackv@turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (06/04/90)

In article <498@vidiot.UUCP> brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:

>I finally had a change to compile the fas async driver code.  Everything
>works fine until I go to compile the kernel.  I get the following error:
>
>	undefined symbol: __divsi3  in /etc/conf/pack.d/fas/Driver.o

Try not compiling your driver with gcc! This is a support routine from
gnulib!

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not my employer.

--
Jack F. Vogel			jackv@locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -

darryl@lemuria.MV.COM (Darryl Wagoner) (06/10/90)

In article <498@vidiot.UUCP> brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:

>I finally had a change to compile the fas async driver code.  Everything
>works fine until I go to compile the kernel.  I get the following error:

>	undefined symbol: __divsi3  in /etc/conf/pack.d/fas/Driver.o

Simple use cc instead of gcc.