[comp.unix.i386] Price info update 2.0.2 to 2.2

peter@ncsbv.UUCP (Peter Jannesen) (06/08/90)

I have posted the following message 1 week ago and until now no result at all.
Maby the message was lost (There were some error reports in a other news group).
So I going to try it again!

I have just got a fax with the update price of 386/ix from version 2.0.2
Network Developer Platform to version 2.2 it is costing about $950,-
Dolars in the Netherlands! The version 2.0.2 we have is about 5 months old.
There are a someproblems in the the Netherlands that 1 of the two 386/ix
importers is just bankrupt. Maby this has somewhat todo whit the price?

Can somebody tell me the update price in the States?

The Network developer platform exist of the folowing parts:
    - core   version 2.0.2
    - SDS    version 2.0
    - VP/ix  version 1.1.1
    - TCP/IP version 1.1.2
    - NFS    version 2.0

Peter Jannesen
Network Communication Systems (N.C.S), The Netherlands
Phone:  +31104130093				 Fax:    +31104146452
Address: Westbaak 96                             Email:  peter@ncsbv
	 3012 KM Rotterdam, The Netherlands

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (06/10/90)

In article <400@ncsbv.UUCP> peter@ncsbv.UUCP (Peter Jannesen) writes:
> I have just got a fax with the update price of 386/ix from version 2.0.2
> Network Developer Platform to version 2.2 it is costing about $950,-
								^^^^^^
> Dolars in the Netherlands!
  ^^^^^^

Since the Guilder is (one of) the unit(s) of currency in Nederland, and not the
"Dolar" i am confused about your price here.

Bedoeldt U 950,- *gulden* of $950 Amerikanse dollars?

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG

peter@ncsbv.UUCP (Peter Jannesen) (06/12/90)

In article <1990Jun9.230946.18405@hawkmoon.MN.ORG> det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
>In article <400@ncsbv.UUCP> peter@ncsbv.UUCP (Peter Jannesen) writes:
>> I have just got a fax with the update price of 386/ix from version 2.0.2
>> Network Developer Platform to version 2.2 it is costing about $950,-
>								^^^^^^
>> Dolars in the Netherlands!
>  ^^^^^^
>
>Since the Guilder is (one of) the unit(s) of currency in Nederland, and not the
>"Dolar" i am confused about your price here.
>
>Bedoeldt U 950,- *gulden* of $950 Amerikanse dollars?

The price is fl. 1800 Dutch Guilder withs makes about $950 US Dolar.

By the way I have heard that the update price is $500 Dolars
(fl. 950,-- Dutch guilder)!

Peter Jannesen
Network Communication Systems (N.C.S), The Netherlands
Phone:  +31104130093				 Fax:    +31104146452
Address: Westbaak 96                             Email:  peter@ncsbv
	 3012 KM Rotterdam, The Netherlands

scottc@bnlux0.bnl.gov (david scott coburn) (06/12/90)

This is a summary of upgrade prices that I received from ICS Distribution
in Hollis, NH, USA.  The info was faxed to me on 08 June 1990.  The sheet
says '4/18/90 Prices Only'.  I post these prices here for your information
only.  You should check with ICS directly before you buy.

			Upgrade Price List
		for INTERACTIVE Packaged Products
		     within Release 2.0 to 2.2

	Product						US $$

	Application Platform				200
	(upgrade from app starter or extender)

	Application Developer				500

	Network Platform				300
	(upgrade from net starter or extender)

	Network Developer				500

	Workstation Platform				400
	(upgrade from ws starter or extender)

	Workstation Developer				600

	INTERACTIVE ARCHITECH				100
	(Multi-User extension)

	INTERACTIVE UNIX Operating System		100
	(based on UNIX V.3.2)
	(upgrade from 2.0, 2.0.2, or 2.0.2 to 2.2)

	INTERACTIVE UNIX Multi-User Extension		N/C

	VP/ix Environment 				50
	(upgrade from 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 to 1.2)

	VP/ix Multi-User Extension			N/C

	INTERACTIVE TCP/IP				50
	(upgrade from 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 to 2.2)

	INTERACTIVE NFS					50
	(upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1)

	INTERACTIVE Network Connection Facilities	50
	(upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2)

	TEN/PLUS Environment				50
	(upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2)

	INTERACTIVE Software Development System		200
	(upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2)

	INTERACTIVE Text Processing Workbench		100
	(upgrade from 2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2)

The following legal notices were also on the price list:

	Listed prices are subject to change without prior notice.
	All prices are FOB Santa Monica [California].
	INTERACTIVE UNIX, ARCHITECH, INTERACTIVE ARCHITECH
	 and 386/ix are trademarks of INTERACTIVE Systems Corporation.

Again, these are the prices as I received them.  I can't claim they
will be the prices you will get.  CONTACT ICS at

	ICS Distribution
	PO Box 906
	Hollis, NH 03049
	Phone: (800) 537-5324
	Fax: (603) 465-3194

Just a satisfied customer...

scott coburn                                brookhaven national laboratory
scottc@max.bnl.gov [130.199.128.6]                          upton, ny, usa
            --- define the universe.  give three examples. ---