[comp.unix.i386] List of "known" bugs w/solutions/workarounds

I am considering keeping a list of known bugs for the various unix
implementations reviewed in this group.  What do you think?

Should we do it?  Will it become unmanageable or just too big?

What do you think?
                                                Sterling, VA 22170

src@scuzzy.uucp (Source Admin) (06/13/90)

cpcahil@virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>I am considering keeping a list of known bugs for the various unix
>implementations reviewed in this group.  What do you think?

>Should we do it?  Will it become unmanageable or just too big?

>What do you think?

here's one for your collection (though it might not be new):

ISC 2.0.2 tar has a stupid artificial limits causing core dump
when the path of the current directory is long.
i just tried to do 'tar cvf bla.tar *' in the directory
/usr2/src/programming/languages/smalltalk/LittleSmallTal
of course GNU tar has no problems creating the archive.
however, it is possible to do a 'tar tvf bla.tar' in that directory.

will this be fixed in 2.2 ?
--
Heiko Blume		blume@scuzzy.UUCP	FAX   (+49 30) 882 50 65
Kottbusser Damm 28	blume@netmbx.UUCP	VOICE (+49 30) 691 88 93