[comp.unix.i386] Eroff bugs

jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) (06/11/90)

We have a problem with  EROFF (troff etc from Elan) on SCO Unix.
We are using the Xenix 386 version of Eroff that we migrated
when we changed from xenix to Unix.   Unfortunaly there is
a bugs that causes tbl to fail under SCO Unix.

We have contacted Elan and SCO and had no help.   Elan said
that they would give us 50% off the 386ix version !

I will not pay $500 to fix a bug so I am looking for another
version of troff that works on SCO Unix and will driver
PostScript and HP laser printers.  Any help and or comments
would be most welcome.

In the mean time don't by Elan product - they will not support
it properly.

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp@specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781

kory@avatar.UUCP (Kory Hamzeh) (06/13/90)

In article <1990Jun11.114803.27335@specialix.co.uk> jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) writes:
>I will not pay $500 to fix a bug so I am looking for another
>version of troff that works on SCO Unix and will driver
>PostScript and HP laser printers.  Any help and or comments
>would be most welcome.

Call TextWare at 1-617-UNI-TEXT. They make a great product and its priced
very well ($800.00). They also provide excellent support.

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (06/14/90)

John Pettitt (jpp@specialix.co.uk) writes that there is a bug in the Xenix
version of Elan tbl that he is running on SCO Unix, and recommends that you
don't buy Elan product because they won't support it.

I have been a happy user of Eroff for some four years, and I've used it
as the engine for a markup language that places heavy demands on troff, eg,
stack push and pop macros.  Perhaps if you could let the net know about the
problem we (I) could help you with a workaround.

In the mean time, I think John should have said, ``Don't buy a Xenix port
of Eroff for SCO Unix, they won't support it.''

--
Yours etc., Tony Olekshy.               Internet: oha!tony@CS.UAlberta.CA
					    uucp: alberta!oha!tony