[comp.unix.i386] 800 by 600

martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) (06/27/90)

root@grafted.UUCP (Postmaster) writes...

> Has anyone had any luck at all running either the Video Seven 1024i or
> the ATI VGA Wonder-16 in 800X600 mode in X-windows. if so please if you
> would send me the information on this. Also if any one could advise me on
> what board does support 800X600 under interactive.
> Thanks in advance   Dave Julius Sysop of Grafted Branch

I am having the same problem with SCO X-Sight and a 1024i with 512K of memory.
Can you let me know about anything you find out.

Martin

Martin CROOME                        !'s      - hplabs!hpgnd!hppcmart!martin
Hewlett Packard                      @'s      - martin@hppcmart.grenoble.hp.com
Grenoble Personal Computer Division  HPDesk   - Martin CROOME / HP6300/K1
Technical Mktg - Online Support

brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (06/27/90)

It also seemed slower than the Paradise card that I use now....

Brando

scottw@ico.isc.com (Scott Wiesner) (06/27/90)

From article <1990Jun26.130034.20303@nstar.uucp>, by larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder):
> root@grafted.UUCP (Postmaster) writes:
>
>>Has anyone had any luck at all running either the Video Seven 1024i or
>>the ATI VGA Wonder-16 in 800X600 mode in X-windows. if so please if you
>>would send me the information on this. Also if any one could advise me on
>>what board does support 800X600 under interactive.
>
> Hi Dave - it didn't work for me either.  The bottom line is that
> that the ATI needs 512K of memory to work in 800x600 using X according
> to ISC.

The Video Seven 1024i is supported in the 1.2 release, which they tell
me will be out "real soon now".  (I know I've said it would be out earlier,
but there were apparently delays in production.  Sorry.)  The ATI card
turns out to be three cards.  ATI calls them all VGA Wonder's, but each
is a little different.  The 1.2 release should work on all three cards
in 800x600.

Scott Wiesner
Interactive Systems
X Development Group

stephen@hantsq.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) (06/27/90)

>Has anyone had any luck at all running either the Video Seven 1024i or
>the ATI VGA Wonder-16 in 800X600 mode in X-windows. if so please if you
>would send me the information on this. Also if any one could advise me on
>what board does support 800X600 under interactive.

SCO ODT (no flame please) supports Video Seven 1024i in 800x600 mode.  But it
doesn't support ATI.  SCO ODT supports VGA card using TSENG LAB ET3000AX chip
sets up to 1024x768x16 resolutions.  I know nothing about Interactive.

stephen@hantsq.enet.dec.com

wain@seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) (06/29/90)

In article <100006@hppcmart.HP.COM> martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) writes:
>root@grafted.UUCP (Postmaster) writes...
>>
>> Has anyone had any luck at all running either the Video Seven 1024i or
>> the ATI VGA Wonder-16 in 800X600 mode in X-windows.
>
>I am having the same problem with SCO X-Sight and a 1024i with 512K of memory.
>Can you let me know about anything you find out.

I've been running the 1024i under ODT in both 800x600 and 1024x768 modes
without problems. However, I really have not put much stress on the card.
Have been only playing with smaller X applications, working my way up
through the libraries -- Xlib,Xt,Xm,Mrm. However, with ODT DosMerge, there
does appear to be a small installation problem which I have not communicated
to SCO, yet, because I am not sure that it is not something that I have
done.

--
Wain Dobson, Vancouver, B.C.
	...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!seac!wain

martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) (06/29/90)

stephen@hantsq.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) writes...

> >Has anyone had any luck at all running either the Video Seven 1024i or
> >the ATI VGA Wonder-16 in 800X600 mode in X-windows. if so please if you
> >would send me the information on this. Also if any one could advise me on
> >what board does support 800X600 under interactive.
> >
> SCO ODT (no flame please) supports Video Seven 1024i in 800x600 mode.  But it
> doesn't support ATI.  SCO ODT supports VGA card using TSENG LAB ET3000AX chip
> sets up to 1024x768x16 resolutions.  I know nothing about Interactive.

Have you tried the Video Seven or are you reading this from the SCO published
list of supported adaptors?