[net.followup] What's wrong at Beaverton?

jwp@sdchema.UUCP (John Pierce) (01/31/85)

First, someone at Tektronix incites acts that are at best strongly anti-social.
Now, someone there incites murder.  I find that rather remarkable, actually.
It seems to me that the emotional, moral, social, and intellectual qualities
demonstrated in the communications of these two individuals can scarcely help
being reflected in the quality of such work as they may produce.  Indeed, if
they are at all indicative of any significant quantity of the people Tektronix
is currently employing, it may well be necessary to more closely evaluate the
quality of that company's products.  I certainly hope that is not the case; we
have long held Tektronix equipment in quite high regard.

Perhaps, of course, it isn't really their fault.  Has anyone checked the well
at Beaverton lately?  Perhaps somebody has been dumping a little dust in it
occassionally just for kicks.

				John Pierce, Chemistry, UC San Diego
				{decvax,sdcsvax}!sdchema!jwp

ron@celerity.UUCP (Ron McDaniels) (02/01/85)

In article <327@sdchema.UUCP> jwp@sdchema.UUCP (John Pierce) writes:
>First, someone at Tektronix incites acts that are at best strongly anti-social.
>Now, someone there incites murder.  I find that rather remarkable, actually.
>It seems to me that the emotional, moral, social, and intellectual qualities
>demonstrated in the communications of these two individuals can scarcely help
>being reflected in the quality of such work as they may produce.  Indeed, if
>they are at all indicative of any significant quantity of the people Tektronix
>is currently employing, it may well be necessary to more closely evaluate the
>quality of that company's products.  I certainly hope that is not the case; we
>have long held Tektronix equipment in quite high regard.

			. . . . . . . .

>				John Pierce, Chemistry, UC San Diego
>				{decvax,sdcsvax}!sdchema!jwp

Cheap shot, John.

	R. L. (Ron) McDaniels
	{decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4 || akgua || philabs}!sdcsvax!celerity!ron

honey@down.FUN (code 101) (02/02/85)

let me get this straight:  because of a pair of asinine articles in
netnews, you consider tektronix oscilloscopes politically incorrect?

amazing.

i won't ask whether you're accepting graduate applications from
princeton students -- i fear i know the answer.

	peter

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/03/85)

jeffw@tekecs.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (02/04/85)

>                                                                   Indeed, if
> they are at all indicative of any significant quantity of the people Tektronix
> is currently employing, it may well be necessary to more closely evaluate the
> quality of that company's products.

Oh, come off it. Tektronix employs 20,000+ people. Hundreds have net access.
Most of us are quite inoffensive (like me :-)!! ).

> Perhaps, of course, it isn't really their fault.  Has anyone checked the well
> at Beaverton lately?  Perhaps somebody has been dumping a little dust in it
> occassionally just for kicks.

Naw, it's the food service. :-)  (Sorry, in-joke there.)

				Jeff Winslow

bradn@hammer.UUCP (Brad Needham) (02/05/85)

I apologize on behalf of my fellow Tek employees, Frank and David.  I am
ashamed that these two choose to represent Tektronix through insults and
threats.

Judge our products by the quality of the products themselves rather than
the attitudes and behavior of two of our 20,000 employees.

Brad Needham
Tektronix, Inc.
...decvax!tektronix!tekecs!bradn